View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #581
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Apr 26, 2014 (afternoon)
Blyth (11-14-15, 15th BSBN) at Gainsborough (20-9-11, 5th BSBN)
Welp, just about done. A win here would be huge, could propel us up the table several spots. This is a side that we drew 1-all just before Christmas. We'll open 4-4-1-1 Standard again, with Mutero at AML (instead of the customary AMC), not sure that's the right decision though, neither the player nor the formation.

GK: Dovey
D: Deen-Conteh, Williamson, Seidu, Groves
MF: Musungu, Ahmed, Smyth, Whitaker
F: Mutero, Rickard
Available Subs: (Paul, Dombaxe, Cofie, Sawyer, McDonald)

2' - An early yellow to G'borough
8' - Dovey makes a nice save on a clear chance
20' - Ahmed jusssssst misses wide
26' - Mutero runs ... ahead to Deen-Conteh ... ahead to Musungu ... cross to Rickard ... Bang (1-0)
32' - Whitaker free kick from near the byline ... into the box for Seidu ... knocks it home (2-0)

Halftime - Playing largely neutral football worked beautifully. Too early to park the bus just yet but we're looking for a good spot.

49' - Mutero gets a stern talking to but no card
50' - Smyth intercepts in the defensive half & feeds Mutero, who plays a long ball down the middle to Rickard ... flags stay down ... GOAL ! (3-0)
52' - Smyth gets a yellow card
53' - They weakly miss an empty net ... we switch to Counter
54' - Dovey tips a corner try away
55' - Dovey swats away two point blank shots, Whitaker clears
61' - Smyth clears a loose ball out of the box
63' - Sub Sawyer (for Smyth, yellow) ... switch to Defensive
81' - Sub Dombaze (for Ahmed, tiring) ... shift Whitaker to MC
90' - Dovey makes a nice save

Full Time: Blyth 3 - Gainsborough 0

April 26, 2014 (postmatch)
Where has this been? We looked like a different team today, although G'borough may have simply been flat. Rickard (8.8) is MOM. Seidu (8.5) was brilliant. If I didn't know better I'd almost think (some of) these guys would like me to keep my job.

The win moves us up to 13th, with a chance to reach 11th. The win also makes things very interesting for playoff spots with Gainsborough now tied with Kidderminster for 5th place, with both having a +15 GD.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-01-2014 at 03:05 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote