View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 06:18 PM   #583
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

April 28, 2014
Ever-hopeful, I've signed a promising 17 y/o to a youth contract with an eye toward next season. Robbie Locke is a ML/AML/ST with better numbers than just about anyone I've seen for this level.

April 29, 2014
Three Blyth players -- Nigel Seidu, Danny Whitaker and Matt Rickard -- were selected in the BSB North Team of the Week first eleven.

April 30, 2014 (morning)
Recent ML trialist Darren Carter has agree to terms with Sligo Rovers. Best of luck to him.

April 30, 2014 (afternoon)
Our Reserves played a group match at Guiseley, winning 6-1.

An inexplicable red card given to Abraham at 2'. He fouled from behind but there was nothing even the slightest bit unusual about the play. Inexplicable. Henderson-to-Loudon-to-Clarke is 1-0 at 27'. Kerrouche-to-Clarke is 2-0 at 30'. Purvis long pass to Kerrouche is 3-0 at 38'. Kerrouche-to-Clarke-to-Davies is 4-0 at 46'. Kerrouche from 35 yards away is 5-0 at 47'. Harrison to Clarke on a long run, 6-0 at 53'. Guiseley gets a consolation goal at 90'

Umm, maybe we should play with 10 more often? One of the more bizarre things I've seen. The two veterans were world beaters, pity I can't afford them beyond a trial run. ST Leon Clarke (9.7) is MOM with three goals and a helper, AMR Mehdi Lerrouche (9.5) scores twice & adds an assist. Those two combined for 15 of our 18 shots.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-01-2014 at 08:39 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote