View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 10:17 PM   #585
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

May 3, 2014 (afternoon)
Blyth (12-15-14, 13th BSBN) vs Vauxhall (13-11-17, 14th BSBN)
Last chance for this group. A win, as a 1:2 favorite, could keep me on board for another season, a loss could mark the end of my tenure since we would have underachieved what the board wanted. That's not a good scenario when a club is bleeding money like we've done. This is a side that dominated us 3-0 in our first meeting this season. We'll open 4-4-1-1 Standard again, with Mutero at AML again

GK: McDonald
D: Deen-Conteh, Williamson, Seidu, Groves
MF: Musungu, Ahmed, Smyth, Whitaker
F: Mutero, Cofie
Available Subs: (Sawyer, Paratore, Rickard, Purvis, Dovey)

11' - A third straight corner kick produces nothing for us
16' - Ahmed with a tough tackle attempt in the rain, he slides in ... and gets a red card. WTF ?!?!?!? How in the hell ... OMG ... switch to Counter
19' - Groves is knocked & needs treatment but will try to remain in
30' - Cofie basically gets legwhippped and naturally Vauxhall gets a stern warning
32' - Cofie with a hard challenge that forces Vauxhall's Jackson out of the game (yes, that's the player who got away with legwhipping moments earlier)
44' - Whitaker with a long shot that goes high, wide and not so handsome

Halftime - We're not only in this one, we've had the better of it despite being a man down. Somebody has to make a play, get a finish. Soon.

47' - McDonald gratefully clutches a weak header to his chest
55' - Their header sails harmlessly (except for my heart) over the bar
71' - Sub Rickard (for Cofie, 6.4)
74' - Deen-Conteh dillies and dallies ... centers a pass for Rickard near the arc, he has a dip ... GOAL !!!!!!!! (1-0) ... switch to Contain
77' - Smyth with a long free kick, turned away for a corner that we eventually bounce out of bounds
88' - Lovely Vauxhall move for a clean shot ... but they're offside
89' - Sub Sawyer (for Whitaker, tiring) ... shift Groves to RWB
89' - 2 minutes added
90' - McDonald saves a soft shot from the left flank

Full Time: Blyth 1 - Vauxhall 0

May 3, 2014 (postmatch)
Just when you think you've seen everything ... this. We actually outshot them 4-2 despite being a man down for over 70 minutes. No matter what the board does in the days to come, I'm proud of this group.