View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #596
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mon Jun 16, 2014

We've released fitness coach Matt Burton from the remaining two weeks of his contract. (The club would not allow me to hire a candidate to replace him while he remained technically on board)

Tue Jun 17, 2014
The U.S. rolled over Saudi Arabia 4-2 in their WC Group E opener. Ruelas, Dempsey, Cameron and Shea all scored for the US, breaking open a game that was tied at 1 at 26'.

Wed Jun 18, 2014
A highly polished England defeated Trinidad & Tobago 2-0 in their WC Group G opener. Shawcross put them in front at 28', Crouch scored at 86' to clinch it.

Thu Jun 19, 2014
Blyth has announced the hiring of new fitness coach Carol Horcroft. The Englishman is noted for his disciplinarian nature.

Brazil's 2-0 win over Canada has made them the first team to clinch advancement in this year's World Cup. The hosts had previously beaten Belgium 3-1 in the Group A opener to put themselves in this position.

Sun Jun 22, 2014
Argentina hammered the U.S. 3-0 with an early goal from Messi, a PK from Tevez and a clincher from Tevez. The win clinches advancement for Argentina, the U.S. hopes likely come down to the outcome of their match vs Italy on Thursday.

Tue Jun 24, 2014
England got two goals from Rooney, one from Crouch and a clincher from Richards to rout Ecuador 4-0 in Group G play and clinch advancement. The upcoming match vs Holland will determine the group winner, as the Dutch already know they will join the English as well as Colombia, Russia, Argentina and Brazil