View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 08:51 PM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 Feb, 1449- We get The Risks of Trade:

The Merchants Guild hit on some bad times and the venture is looking a bit dicey. Do I want to :

Help them out - -8 gold, gain 3 mercantilism, and the Merchant Guilds Estate gets +10 loyalty and influence.

They Knew What was happening – They lose 10 loyalty and 10 influence

Which brings me to a major change here. Balancing your three estates – merchants, nobles, and church.

I choose the first to increase my Mercantilism. It increases my provincial trade power a bit. I now have:

Clergy - 40%loyalty, 20% influence
Merchants – 50% loyalty, 15% influence
Nobility – 50 % loyalty, 25% influence

1 August, 1449 – I upgrade our stability to 3

1 Mar, 1450 – Normally I would declare war on Cajamarca for their capital province we have a claim on right now. I have more troops and readiness. I turned my leader into a general and am ready to hit them. I could use my ally in Chachapoya to threaten them as well. We’d win quickly enough. But there are a few issues.

With this DLC< I can see everything from my allies, and there are things called favors. It’s hard to declare war and then just to get your allies to join you, unless they either have a vested interest in the war (such as a promise of territorial gains) or the use of favors. You gain favors as you help an ally when they are at war, or for time. Every two years you gain some favors. Right now I have favors with Chachapoya at 5, Ichma at 5, Cusco at 2. So it’s hard for me to declare an offensive war right now, and get everyone to help me. If I were to declare war against Cajamarca, as an example, then none of my allies would join me, but I could convince Chachapoya to join for a promise of land. I need at least 10 favors. However, Wanka and Quito would join our target. The same is true of war against Chimu or Wanka.

You can also set the same attitude that they set on you back at them. For example, you might get friendly, neutral, threatened, or hostile. You can set those back, with these advantages:

Friendly – More easy to create alliances
Neutral – Won’t send a bunch of alliance proposals to you after you say no,
Threatened – Bonuses to allying with rivals
Hostile – Your vassals fabricate claims on their lands

You can spend favors telling allies that you intend to go to war soon, so they will prepare by increasing army maintenance, and won’t declare war for 2 years. You can also spend them to increase trust between you and the target nation. And spending ten favors gives you an offensive brother in arms for one war.

10 favors are needed for war prep or increase trust as well.

1 Aug – I get an event and grant the Bourgeoisie some privileges and we gain Merchant Guilds Estate loyalty

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote