View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 08:10 PM   #121
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11 minute mark: Eagles takes the corner kick.. sends it to the middle of the box.. Ferdinand jumps.. the centreback pushes him down.. Penalty shot awarded! Lucio steps up to take it, powerful strike into the upper right corner of the net (Lucio is my best penalty shooter!)

15 minutte mark: Fletcher intercepts it at midfield.. passes it to Djemba Djemba.. he passes to Eagles.. Eagles passes back Djemba-Djemba.. he shoots a banana shot from 25 yards out.. it curves into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

18 minute mark: Downing with a brilliant dribble down the left sideline.. crosses to Rooney in the box.. powerful shot on the half-volley.. the keeper saves it.

21 minute mark: Eagles passes to Rooney in the center of the box.. hard shot.. the keeper saves it.

40 minute mark: Fletcher passes to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. powerful shot.. the keeper blocks it! The rebound sails out to Djemba.. he shoots from 25 yards out.. curving shot.. upper left corner of the net.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

44 minute mark: Downing with a long cross to Eagles.. he passes it into the box.. Rooney with a close range shot.. and the keeper stops it again! Rooney is looking a little frustrated.

Halftime: 3-0 lead. I thought we'd be winning by a larger margin, and I was hoping Rooney would have a few goals so I could rest him soon. I'll rest him no matter what at the 60 minute mark, despite us not having a game for 10 more days. We have over 62,000 fans here today.

47 minute mark: Brilliant dribble by Downing past three defenders.. he finally crosses to Djemba in the box.. Djemba blasts it.. over the bar.. just misses his hattrick.

60 minute mark: I put Ruud van Nistelrooy on for Smith, and King on for Rooney. I also put Cook on for Fletcher.

81 minute mark: A boring second half is finally more exciting as Djemba Djemba passes to Jamie Cook who hits a half volley from 25 yards out that sails into the upper left corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 4-0. That is Cook's first goal for Manchester United.

Game over. 4-0 win.

We outshot them 20-1 (14-1 on target)

Eric Djemba-Djemba won MoM, 10 for form, 29 of 33 passes, 0 tackles, 2 of 7 headers, 2 runs, 1 assist, and 2 goals.

Downing also had a 10 for form. Eagles had a 9 for form. The rest of the team had 8's except for Rooney who only had a 7.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote