View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #215
Radii
Head Coach

-- I had forgotten to drop my training levels down, I change it from high intensity fitness to average intensity Team Cohesion.

Injury Update

DMC Brian Williams is hurt in a reserve match and will miss 2-3 months.

Atlantic Coast Cup - First Round Draw

32 teams remain in the draw. We get a home game against Puerto Rican side Atletico de San Juan FC. They're in the Atlantic Coast Premier League, one level above us. That match will be in a month, April 19th.

March 18th, 2016

Atleticos Rio Piedras vs Wake Forest Cougars

Attendence: 127

-- League Season Opener!

Starting Lineup

GK: Gyan
D: Campbell/Hernandez/Forrest/Jackson
M: Tapia/Shakespeare
AM: Davidson/Cooper
ST: Navarro/Ratzburg

A few guys get their second start in a row, but there's a lot of turnover here.

8': Ratzburg with a cross that earns us a corner, taken near post, Hernandez with a strong header, but saved.

10': We allow a corner, but clear it.

21': Cooper with a corner, Hernandez is there and its a clear cut chance, but he kicks it right into the keeper.

45': Very nice passing from Jackson to Ratzburg, headed down to Cooper, ahead to Navarro for a solid goal... but Navarro was offsides. I didn't think that was offsides until it was called.

HALF: We shoot 5 times to their zero, they have a slight possession edge but can't seem to do anything with it.

49': Ratzburg blocks a clearance attempt to give us the ball in a scary spot, but we end up pulling it out, Cooper ends up with a poor shot.

63': Campbell ahead to Davidson, Davidson with a run down the left, a cross into the area, Ratzburg with the finish!

67': Shakespeare with an interception in midfield, quickly ahead to Ratzburg, he holds up play, Cooper makes a run, Ratzburg finds him and Cooper finishes! 2-0

72': Cooper with a cross, headed to the other side, Davidson sends it back in... too far, but Cooper is there and gets it back to Ratzburg, a strong shot from close range, the keeper stops it, but can't hold, it hits a defender and goes in though. Own goal. 3-0

72': Perkins in for Tapia

80': Goodwin in for Navarro, Colangelo in for Davidson.

83': They take their first shot, but Davidson is there and blocks it.

That's it!

Atleticos Rio Piedras 0 : 3 Wake Forest

Man of the Match: Patrick Ratzburg (8.3)
Goals: Ratzburg, Cooper (7.8)
Assists: Ratzburg 2, Davidson (7.0)
Notables: Jackson (7.8), Forrest (7.6), Hernandez (7.6), Campbell (7.1), Shakespeare (7.0)

Look at those defensive ratings!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote