View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 12:45 AM   #145
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Preview:

Wouldn't you know that I'm sitting my star QB against one of my rivals. Today, we play Notre Dame at their place. They are 4-1 and ranked 17th in the nation. we are 3-1 and ranked 14th. Our offense is ranked 15th, theirs is 41st. Our defense is ranked 23rd and theirs is ranked 35th. They love to air it out, and TE Patrick Roderick is one of the best in the nation. The 6'6 255 pound TE has amazing speed for a TE and is a thread to go all the way at any time. However, surprisingly, he hasn't done much this year and only has 13 catches for 85 yards and 1 TD. Let's hope we aren't the game where he gets back on track. He's only a sophomore, so we will be facing him at least one more year. Their defense is led by All-American candiate MLB Shayne Witherspoon. Shayne is a junior who has 37 tackles, 1 sack, 4 stuffs, and 5 interceptions on the year. He also has 2 forced fumbles, 2 recoveries, and 1 TD. We'll have to be careful to make sure that he doesn't add to his interception total.

Notre Dame are 5 point favorites at home.

Gameplan:

Our OC wants to go with a more balanced attack with Brady as the QB and to help contain this powerful offense. I'm glad he suggested that, because there is no way I was going to go with the pass first offense this week. Our defensive coordinator has wants us to use a complicated zone blitz scheme to try to disrupt their passing, and I like the idea.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote