View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 11:52 AM   #6
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Anita, Joel and I arrive near our location. Immediate surroundings do not look promising as the first thing that I see is writing on a building that declares "All Dead Inside"; right now that is how I feel... dead inside...

Then I see it clearly... "Daddy!!!" It's my son's face, crying for me as he is panicking in the plane just prior to the crash. I feel so helpless...

I shake off that feeling, must concentrate on the task at hand. Grieving is a luxury that I can't afford right now, I can't let this distract me. Make it through this, make it through today, then maybe I can face what has happened. Just one more day...

Anita motions ahead, "The hardware store is that way."

As we near an intersection, with the hardware store on the opposite corner, I see a person standing in the middle of the street. This isn't a person at all, it looks like a person but there is no sign of a soul, no sign of anything close to humanity.

Joel motions for us to quietly approach. "If it doesn't hear us we can get the drop on it."

We near it and I get a strike on it with my wrench. The others try to get into position but it lunges at me and knocks me to the ground. I feel defenseless as it tears at me, I am injured badly.

I stumble back to my feet, Joel hits it with his night stick. Anita takes a swing with a bat and knocks it to the ground. It lies motionless. We have survived this encounter but I am badly hurt.

I bandage myself best that I can but am still rather injured. We need to find what we are looking for and return to the school as soon as possible. Maybe I should have taken Renee...

We enter the hardware store...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote