View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 12:12 PM   #150
QuikSand
lolzcat

Free agency continues.

A voice from our recent past:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
We need DL talent badly, and may have to suffer weak chemistry there this season as we are leaderless right now.

Yeah, about that. We, uh, signed some guys this stage:

DT Brian Wooden
DE Aidan Harden
DE COrnell Morrison

...and that's just the former Raiders! Seriously, I think my cheapass scouting staff must have only scouted one team this year. All three of these guys are free agents that the Raiders let walk in free agency. WTF?

Bottom line, these are three cut-friendly contracts, at a need position, and I have a lot of cap room that I wasn't able to spend on real game-changers. So... I'll splash some of it around to give me options at DL.

The guy I'm serious about is

DT Marcus Matthews

He's not going to stay at NT, he's the right side to swing outside and use probably on the right side, in the mostly pass-rushing rotation slot that gave some of our various players 7-10 sacks a year of late. I think he will be a great fit -- he's a chemistry angle, too, with a 4 leadership and 100 personality, so once we settle on a leader, he should lock in for good. THIS is the guy we pay a bonus for -- he gets $9m in bonus money, those other clowns get $40K each.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote