View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #967
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I found Four Year Plan., a documentary on Queen Park Rangers efforts to secure promotion to the English Premier League a very good watch.

Thanks for the heads up on this - I watched it last night after seeing the recommendations here.

A must-watch for any FM fans, as it's almost entirely "back-room" stuff and truly fascinating stuff at that.

What's amazing to me is that the owners of the club are the ones that essentially funded this film and they come across as villains (speaking of Flavio Briatore and Gianni Paladini).

They seem absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to work for - hell, Neil Warnock had them at the top of the table, playing great football and they have that one loss to Watford and there's Paladini and Briatore acting like spoiled children and saying the coach sucks.

Just a fascinating piece. The son-in-law part owner (Amit Bhatia) comes across much, much better. Seems like a humble (yet very rich) guy and I could only imagine how tough it was for him to bite his lip when his two, hot-headed partners would spout off.

Highly recommended film.

BTW: just read up on Flavio a bit - he went out with Heidi Klum and fathered a child with her??? Shows what money can do...
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote