View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 09:13 AM   #395
Rich1033
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
He should have lost his last fight but hey did everything they could to make sure he wins. Then the late change in this one made me think theywere afraid he would get destroyed by Shamrock and replaced him with someone they thought would be a push over for Kimbo. Boy did that backfire.

lol, nope, I dont think anyone in EliteXC was afraid Shamrock would do anything to Kimbo. Them being forced to just find someone at the last minute was the last thing they wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis View Post
I missed something though, because I didn't even realize Arlovski was fighting on this card and I guess it was a late addition. Is he not going to fight Barnett at the next Affliction show? I was really looking forward to that one, but I'm hoping if it is off they just let Barnett face-off against Fedor next. That's still the match-up I want to see most for Fedor. I think it's a better one than versus Randy or anyone else.

The next Affliction show with Arlovski/Barnett was canceled(or postponed? not sure how they worded it, but ticket sales were horrible). They came to an agreement about 2 weeks ago with XC to give them Arlovski/Nelson in exchange for the promotion and Im sure something else. That was the 3rd fight on last nights card.

The next Affliction show will be in January I believe. Fedor will return and fight, although Im not sure if they have announced who. I cant see how it would not be Barnett tho.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote