View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 09:42 AM   #437
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Update:

I decided to just take the team that was expected to finish 1st in L1: The Wolves. I figure, if I can't win with them and at least make the playoffs then this game is not for me. I went with a standard 4-4-2 formation to get started because I still don't really understand the difference between formations yet. My wages were a little over budget so I trimmed down the squad and it is pretty thin now, but I like having less players to manage. A rash of injuries can put me in some trouble but so far I have managed.

I hired a new assman and chief scout and then spent a lot of time reviewing each player (set up a nice little excel spreadsheet) and determined each person's role and I choose a rigid formation based off of what I learned from the little pop-up tips.

I try to play the same lineup most of the time and sub out due to injuries or fatigue, then I instant result it.

I am in first place on Feb 1, by about 18 points! I am also in the Paint Cup finals! I know the real challenge will begin next season in the next league up, but thanks for the advice, it helped a lot!!

Great to hear!

Once you get more comfortable I recommend experimenting with little tweaks to learn more about tactics.

Now obviously if you get "attached" to your savegame you may not want to use it as a laboratory, but you can always create a second savegame called "Tactical Learning" or something with your team and use it to experiment with tweaking different things to try to learn what they do.

Also - if you have the time - the more of a game replay (versus an instant-result) that you can watch will definitely give you a more solid grasp of what your tactical instructions are translating into on the pitch.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote