View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 03:10 AM   #249
Radii
Head Coach

Fans Player of the Year

Ed Upson is no surprise as the winner of this award this year.

Woking Best Eleven

No surprise here either.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou, Williams, Smith, Ogogo
MC: Upson, O'Sullivan
AM: Jesus, Downes
ST: Subotic, Pablo

Bench: GK Pegler, MC Pulis, ST Harsanyi, MC Ball, DC Thomas, DR Anane, AMR Ademola.

Woking All Time Best Eleven

Stelios Nikolaou is now listed as a starter in the all time best eleven. Subotic is on the team as well.

GK: Kevin Lynch (194 apps/6.71 rating)
DL: Stelios Nikolaou (64 apps/7.22 rating)
DC: Mike Williams (107 apps/12 goals/6.87 rating)
DC: Nick Fenton (105 apps/3 goals/6.89 rating)
DR: Mark Ricketts (153 apps/3 goals/6.86 rating)
ML: Niky Nicolau (46 apps/4 goals/7.10 rating)
MC: Anthony Pulis (115 apps/6 goals/6.95 rating)
MC: Joe O'Sullivan (142 apps/8 goals/7.23 rating)
MR: Moses Ademola (167 apps/37 goals/6.85 rating)
FC: Giusepe Sole (130 apps/62 goals/6.94 rating)
FC: Mark Cullen (52 apps/25 goals/7.11 rating)

Schedule Announced

We play Crewe at home on August 9th. rarr!

TV Rights Money

We get $437,000 for TV Rights for the season. We got this last year and still lost boatloads of money.

Season Expectations

For "attempting to avoid relegation" we can get a payroll of $28k/week. This is 2k/wk more than last year. I can up the expectation to "Avoid Relegation" and get our wage budget bumped up to $32k/wk. This seems like a reasonable goal, and that's exactly what I do.

We're currently at $26,178/wk in salaries. We'll be losing a few players but also paying out more due to 10% raise clauses. We should be able to go after 4 or 5 new players at 2k/wk or more depth at lower rates.

Parachute Payment??

I don't understand this one. "Due to the promotion achieved by Nottingham Forest, the parachute payment due for the club has been split between teams from Coca-Cola Championship down to Coca-Cola League 2. Woking have received a total of $49.49k from the arrangement"

What's that?

New Youth Pulls

I don't usually mention this as our youth system is practically non-existent. But we have a 16 year old DL named Dominic Broughton join us. His Physical Abilities will need to improve some, 12 sta/12 fitness, nothing else above 10. but if they can improve he's a little intriguing. 19 teamwork/16 work rate/13 composure. 10 passing/9 tackling/7 marking. If he were to be able to develop those all up by +5 or so he'd be awesome. I don't know a lot about youth development since I always do LLM, dunno if that's good enough potential or not. Its way more than we usually have though.

Whew, that was a lot of stuff! I'm very very happy to see our wage budget increase so much. I really was afraid of it going down with the new chairman.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote