View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 10:53 PM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

We watched film of the scrimmage then focused on installing Power to both sides. The first film session with Freshmen is always the same, they look at it more as entertainment then learning and today was no different

Unfortunately it carried over onto to the field and we got behind due to lack of focus and had to completely skip our special teams period which was punt return today. We then worked a very short Defensive period focusing on technique and tackling with DB's, Linemen and Backers all in different groups. I then ran through the I formation keys with the Backers focusing on outside flow tonight. We then ran gassers and discussed the reasons why we had a subpar practice, talking about how focus is habit forming, both when you have it and when you don't and the need to develop good work habits now that will carry over onto the game. Tomorrow will be heavy on Defense and we will run scout plays against the Defense from last years game with Maryvale as I don't think they will change a great deal. We will also put in coverage and front adjustments on the off chance they do show us some different looks.

Mondays are usually the most likely day to have and I hope this is it for the week as we 5 practices and a walk through left before we play, and everyone of them needs to be on crisp.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote