View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #555
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
(1) Why should the other player win over you? (I won't accept a "they shouldn't either) I want to know what they did that makes them deserve the title of Survivor.

I've already given an answer as to why I'd cast a vote for Thomkal, above. As far as chesapeake, he also did a very good job as part of the alliance, and he was better than Thomkal or I are reaching out to other players. Nothing significant ever came of that reaching out, but Survivor is still a social game so he deserves credit for that.

Quote:
(2) What move in this game do you feel progressed you the furthest along?

Getting into an alliance early, and then keeping that hidden from everyone else for as long as possible. I've been a longtime Survivor fan, and I've always felt that the best possible game a player could play would be to spend the entire game pulling the strings behind the scenes without anyone ever realizing it. I didn't quite do that -- like we've all said, all three of us were pulling strings pretty equally. But there were a couple of times when the "outsiders" had the numbers to break up the alliance, and the fact that they couldn't figure out who the third member was kept them from having a real shot at doing it.

(And one nitpick on chesapeake's answer: The idea that getting Racer to play the idol after the merge was some sort of major move is nonsense. The Wolves were outnumbered 6-3... of course they were playing the idol. In fact, getting Racer to keep the idol would have been our best move, since we already knew we weren't voting him. Instead he played it, and he just picked the wrong guy. That wasn't skill or strategy, it was us getting lucky on a coin flip.)

Quote:
(3) What move that you did do you regret the most? What would you have done different looking back now?

Well, as strange as it sounds given how well sticking with my alliance worked out, there's a part of me that wishes I'd played a completely different style of game and just blindsided whenever I could. I don't think it would have been as successful but it would have been more fun. That was my original plan, but it just never made sense to go cut-throat. I wanted to be cut-throat.

I also regret suggesting to Thomkal and chesapeake that we stop tending camp and finding food when it was a final five, because Darth and Heybrad would be using extra effort for the challenges and would probably run out of health before we did. In hindsight, trying to get an old man to starve to death feels like it may have been morally wrong.

Quote:
(4) If you were a woodchuck how much wood would you chuck?

Considering I haven't had a good meal in three weeks: all of it.

Quote:
(5) Pick a number 1-20?

Since Thomkal said 3 and chesapeake said 4, I'm going to go with 4.0001. Who's cut-throat now, bitches?