View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #561
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
(And one nitpick on chesapeake's answer: The idea that getting Racer to play the idol after the merge was some sort of major move is nonsense. The Wolves were outnumbered 6-3... of course they were playing the idol. In fact, getting Racer to keep the idol would have been our best move, since we already knew we weren't voting him. Instead he played it, and he just picked the wrong guy. That wasn't skill or strategy, it was us getting lucky on a coin flip.)

Since Thomkal said 3 and chesapeake said 4, I'm going to go with 4.0001. Who's cut-throat now, bitches?

Ooh..the Price is Right move. Well played

I am not claiming any credit for a master stroke -- just for being the only one to reach out and contributing to cause enough ripples that we got the absolute best outcome we could have gotten on this -- one wolf gone and the idol removed.

There is an underlying strategy issue here that I think you are discounting and is the bone of our disagreement. Racer played here to protect his alliance at great personal cost to himself. Indeed, had he held onto the idol, he would, in retrospect, have made it at least to the final 5 and perhaps all the way here, given his ability to win challenges.

At the time, I thought he would recognize that his alliance was done, even if he managed to make the right 50/50 guess in that one council. We still had overwhelming numbers on our side and one loss would not have dissuaded the villagers from sticking together. I thought he would look out for #1 there. That he didn't is a credit to him personally.

You and I have now picked that nit to its death
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote