View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #861
Radii
Head Coach

Contract Updates

-- Right around the time the regular season ended I changed my mind on Fredy Guarin. He was willing to take a pay cut from $35,000/wk to $18,000/wk to stay on for an extra year. He'll turn 34 June 30th and he's definitely shown decline, I can't put myself in a position where he needs to start 25 times or anything, but for $18k/wk I thought it would be worth having him next year.

-- Chris Mason asks for a new contract. He was my starter for much of the year. He wants a raise from $1000/wk to $9000/wk. Ok, you twisted my arm, its yours.

Championship Playoffs

Semifinal First Leg

Bristol City 3 : 0 QPR
Watford 0 : 0 Leeds

Semifinal Second Leg

QPR (2) 2 : 1 (4) Bristol City - Bristol City advance
Leeds (1) 1 : 0 (0) Watford - Leeds advance

Finals

Bristol City 4 : 1 Leeds

Bristol City will be coming up to the EPL along with Ipswich and Wolverhampton.

-- Chris Mason starts for the England U19 squad in U19 Euro Championship Qualifying against Hungray. England wins 4:0 and Mason puts up a 7.3 rating. Perhaps more impressive is that our youth striker Chris Bryan comes on in the 70th minute of the match and scores twice to earn a 8.5 rating!

-- England's U19s crush Scotland 5:0 a few days later. Mason plays 90 minutes again in goal, a second straight shutout and a 7.4 rating. Chris Bryan starts, scores 1 goal and makes 1 assist, and leaves in the 66th minute with an 8.9 rating.

-- England 3 : 1 N. Ireland, Mason a 6.8 rating, Bryan 7.4. Bryan plays the full match today, getting one assist.

FA Cup

-- Exeter may have only finished 14th in the Championship, but they won @Bolton, @Sunderland, @Coventry, vs Tottenham and vs Huddersfield to make a crazy improbable run to the FA Cup Finals. Its not meant to be though as Chelsea wins 2:0 in the finals.

-- Our loans are about to end. I go through a number of screens on Simon Hamilton, and the training screen gives me the push I need to make a decision on whether to go after him or not: "Kevin Hayward has indicated that he believes Simon Hamilton is somewhat prone to injury". Hamilton would be a big investment, and that's enough for me to shy away.

-- We pay out $2.3M to the players for winning the league.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote