View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #884
Radii
Head Coach

-- I go change my tactic back closer to its default, in fact dropping my defensive line back a notch or two behind normal.

August 25th, 2020

League Cup 2nd Round

Plymouth (CH) @ Ipswich (EPL)

We're big 4:7 favorites today, making Plymouth 4:1 dogs. This will be our 4th match in 10 days and we play again in 4 more days so we'll be getting some backups playing time today and hope we can still win.

GK: Carlos Antonio
D: Hughes/Quartey/Welsh/Haskins
M: Adagsmar/Guarin/Mariga/Johnson
F: Negredo/Constantino

Kinda wholesale changes here. Youth player Denis Haskins in at DR as McKerr is exhausted and Jackson is still hurt.

16': Tons of possession here, they try to tackle a ball away as we build on offense, it comes to Guarin who lobs it into the area for Adagsmar, running in from the left, he shoots far post, by the keeper and in! 1-0

23': Mariga with a pass to Negredo who shoots to the same spot that Adagsmar put our first goal, both of them get their first ever Ipswich goals today! 2-0

30': Mariga to Constantino for what looked like our 3rd goal, but offsides.

HALF: Another great first half, I'm a little more confident in our ability to hold this one.

49': Perhaps I spoke too soon. A couple great headers in the area generate a wide open look for ST Sears and he scores. 2-1

56': Mariga to Constantino to start a counterattack, Constantino with a long run into the area, he's tackled before he can shoot... penalty! Constantino takes the PK and buries it. 3-1

83': Khan, who just resumed full training, in for Constantino.

Easy enough.

Ipswich 3 : 1 Plymouth

Man of the Match: McDonald Mariga (8.3)
Goals: Constantino (7.8), Adagsmar (7.6), Negredo (7.3)
Assists: Mariga, Guarin (7.8)
Notables: Hughes (7.0), Quartey (7.7), Johnson (7.0)

Easy enough, and hopefully the solid win here keeps the morale up heading into the Bristol City match.

DR Denis Haskins is 16 years and 1 day old. That's the youngest ever to see the field for the Ipswich senior team. He's dead weight, one of the guys that is 1/2 star potential from our very poor youth pulls this year that I just didn't cut yet to see if any of those guys magically work miracles in training or something (I'd pared down the U18 squad a ton previously so there was some room).
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote