View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 01:28 AM   #886
Radii
Head Coach

-- McKerr, Donnelly and Constantino are named to the EPL team of the week.

September Update

-- We play on the 12th, 19th, 22nd (League Cup), and 27th. Early in the month are a bunch of international matches.

-- The board is pleased with my leadership. Signing Simon Hamiltion is the highlight. Our 2-2 draw with Huddersfield is the big complaint.

-- We lost $5.71M last month. We spent $7M purchasing two players in August. As of right now we've lost $1.4M on the year and have a balance of -$5.4M. Usually that'd be awful but we've spent our transfer budget and hopefully the TV Deal allows us to slowly gain cash throughout the year. We're spending $800k/mo more this year than we did in our last EPL season on salaries so that will hurt us but we should still make 2-3M most months I think.

-- Stuart Kirkland 8.1 rating in a 4:0 win for England U21's over Sweden in Euro Championship qualifying.

-- DC Jonathan Quatey 7.5 rating in a 5:0 Ghana win over Lesotho in World Cup Qualifying

-- MC McDonald Mariga 6.9 rating in a 0:1 Kenya loss to Gabon in World Cup Qualifying.

Injury Update

Lee Burton hurts his heel in training, 8-10 days. He'll miss a match or two.

September 12th, 2020

Ipswich (1-1-2, 13th) @ Sheffield Utd (1-1-2, 14th)

Sheffield United are 4:5 favorites at their place today, we're 3:1 to get a win here. We're 2-1-10 lifetime against them, we lost twice in our EPL year and in the league cup last season.

GK: Capitani
D: Kirkland/Welsh/Henrique/Jackson
M: Adagsmar/Donnelly/Mills/Gordon
F: Hamilton/Constantino

Clive Jackson is back in the lineup, Welsh/Henrique at DC.

3': They work it down the left side, there's a pass in the area... Mills and Henrique are there covering their midfielder Barazite, but somehow they both let him turn around them and get an open look, shot is put into the net, awful defending. 0-1

9': We build up on offense, Mills to Gordon, Gordon to Constantino who is 25 yards out, Gordon cuts into the area, Constantino hits him perfectly, Gordon with the shot, its by the keeper and in! 1-1

17': A classic counterattack, we win a ball in our end, Henrique quickly to Mills, a pass ot Donnelly, he is at midfield and their defense isn't fully back yet, Donnelly with a long ball, Constantino gets behind the defense, into the area and he beats the keeper! 1-2

20': They get a man behind our defense deep in the area, a clear cut chance but Capitani saves! They earn a corner, then a second corner. we clear that one, we try to counterattack but pull it back at midfield and build up on offense. Donnelly with a ball into the area, they clear it out to the side, throwin deep in their end... soon after there's a foul out wide to the left, Gordon with the free kick... headed behind for a corner. Donnelly takes the corner, Constantino heads it... saved. Loooong sequence there.

35': With an eye on mixing things up so they won't always know what we're doing, we change to a Control strategy for the rst of the half.

37': They earn a corner, and its the first time I've seen Capitani make a huge mistake in the 6 yard box. Cross goes to the far post, Capitani tries to dive out to catch it, doesn't get to it and they win the header and score. 2-2

HALF: They are pressuring hard, they shoot 9 times with 5 on target, only 2 from range so they are getting some close looks. They have 63% of the possession and are better passing and heading. We shoot 3 times, all on target, 2 goals. Seems like one where we're destined to lose but maybe we can steal another goal or something!

47': Back to counter attacking.

58': They have a free kick, a couple passes before its sent into the area, a shot from the left side, Capitani has to make a diving save and its a corner. They earn a second corner, then a third. Then we clear it out safely.

68': Guarin in for Hamilton and moves to DMC, 4-1-4-1, Hamilton is playing bad and I want the extra man back. McKerr in for Jackson, he's struggling and I want the experience out there.

77': they have 17 shots to our 6, desperately trying to hang on for a point.

85': Gordon sends a free kick in from 30 yards out, off the crossbar! they clear it behind for a corner for us. That's cleared safely.

85': Defensive/retain possession, get that point!

89': 4 minutes of added time, Contain/play even safer, get that point!

We get the tie on the road!

Sheffield Utd 2 : 2 Ipswich

A very exciting first half and a nail biting second half for me as I keep seeing us make nice clearances and every time a highlight opens up I am hoping we can just avoiding giving up the game winning goal to them.

They shoot 19 times, we shoot 7. Not a shot on target in the second half for us, but we got our job done for sure. One of their goal scorers is man of the match.

Goals: Gordon (7.5), Constantino (7.4)
Assists: Constantino, Donnelly (6.8)

The fans are pleased with the draw here. 5 matches, 5 points.
Notable: Mills (7.1)

Simon Hamilton couldn't win anything in the air, 6 for 14 on headers, he didn't take any of our shots. 5.3 rating there. Clive Jackson 6.1, James Welsh 6.0. Everyone else in the 6.8-6.9 range.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote