View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 12:06 PM   #426
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
This is what I'm talking about. What is Angle's specific health ailment that everyone is assuming will lead to certain death? I don't get the sense people are exagerating. People seem to be reveling in the "death watch".

WWE isn't like sports - we have no info on health or ailments like we do for Chris Simms. That doesn't seem to be stopping anyone though.

His neck is in as bad a condition as you can get without being paralyzed. Back in 2003, he could have gotten the neck surgery that Austin, Benoit, Edge, Rhyno and Lita got, missed a year, but his neck would be fine now, but he chose a much less invasive surgery that was undone completely when Brock Lesnar hit him with a steel chair. If he got neck fusion surgery now, he would have to retire.

"According to sources in WWE, Angle is heavily addicted to painkillers and a walking wreck. While he has serious neck and back issues dating back to the Olympics and exasperated by his intense pro style, I’m told the recent claims that he pulled his groin and tore an ab muscle are a work. It is said that he has showed up at events messed up worse than Shawn Michaels or Brian Pillman at their peaks. Others have said he’s the worst anyone has ever seen. Worse than the physical issues are the mental issues. Besides dealing with a body that won’t do what he wants it to do anymore, he’s also going through a divorce with his wife Karen, mother of his 3-year-old daughter Kira and currently pregnant with his first son. "
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote