View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 06:02 PM   #3
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Random Game Notes

I installed a Real College Mod that allows me to play with real team names, logos, etc. The option I chose generates fictional coaches and players, but I think I could also have picked real coaches and/or players.

In my world, players may not leave college early to turn pro. So, if one day I'm lucky and good enough to recruit a five-star player, I won't lose him to the NBA before he's had the chance to build his legacy with my program.

I'm very lucky that my family supports my somewhat esoteric hobby. I'm including them in the story this time. If I'm offered a job somewhere, I'll ask my wife if she would be willing to relocate for a job there. If she says no, I won't take the job. That will simulate the decision a real coach's family would help him make. If she's not available, one of my kids will play her "role."

When Aidan is old enough to have a family of his own, with children who could express an opinion about the jobs Dad might take, I'll get input from my own kids. I'll retain the final say, but it might be fun to add an additional level of unpredictability to the story.

It's possible to be offered a job as an assistant coach, as well as a head coaching gig. I almost hope Aidan gets to begin his career as an assistant, so I can learn what that experience would be like.

Last edited by Greyfriars Bobby : 01-11-2020 at 06:06 PM.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote