View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 12:59 PM   #18
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplykely View Post
In the video you mentioned using the tool on the league site for your MP league, any tips to make it easier to find chemistry fits in SP?

Yes, I wish I had gotten into that on the video. Not a silver bullet, but...

In-game, the key page is obviously (I think obviously) the roster page labeled "Personality." That reveals the leadership and personality strength for each player, including rookies post-draft (even though it's not shown on the player card).

The "Attitude Advisory" includes the simplest summary of where you are with chemistry at the moment, and can be a useful sandbox to mess around with - in single-player, save your game and then see what happens if you cut your lousy OL group leader, of if you move that DB leader safety up to play as a coverage linebacker...whatever. Then reload from the save game if you don't like how it looks.

The biggest bit of advice I have, for someone dipping his toe into the pool here, is... the key rating is personality. Not leadership. So... if you're trying to make chemistry good enough to help your team, then you want to get a lot of chemistry benefit from each roster slot you commit to it.

So...already have most of the WR/TE group settled, but now you want to add a guy to help the happy factor? If he's just sitting on the bench, then a guy rated 23/23 vs. 6/19 is immaterial, as long as he has the starts to click. So, get the guy with the 93 personality, rather than the guy with the 34. And with your leaders... if you are building... don't build around leadership guys, build around personality guys who are strong enough as leaders to take the reins. 99Ldr/99Pers is the gold standard, but if I have to choose between 99/80 and 80/99, I'd rather work with the 80/99 guy who will MAX CLICK, and I'll suffer with the occasional too-high-leadership guy he rules out from being an asset for us.

TL;DR - Use the personality screen, and do your sort by clicking Leadership-then-Personality... that's your home base to screen for players to target in free agency, etc.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote