View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let's begin with some trades:

Draft Trades:

1st /1 to Atl for 1st/4, 1st next year, and 4th, 5th and 6th.

I shop the Falcons picks. I have to go down to the Jets at 1/16 before they agree to accept it. As expected.

Traded Atl’s #1 next year for NJY 1/16 and I get their 7th this year too.

That means I traded the #1 pick for the #4, #16, and a 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th this year. I’m happy with that.

I feel like I can drop down again in the first and still implement my strategy. The problem with trading with the 8th overall Giants, is that their later round picks deviate greatly all the way to the 13th pick in that round, and that’s not good for me. The Colts at 7 are consistent throughout the draft. What can I get if I trade to their spot?

I am unable to get their first and second. I go lower. I can try to trade for their 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th. Let’s try that. Nope, that doesn’t work either. Hold on, let me make another offer.

I try 1, 3, 5, 6, 7 to no dice. I drop the 7 and it works. That is accepted. I acquire the 1/7 pick, and their 3rd, 5th and 6th selections.

I have now turned the top overall selection into 1/7, 1/16, 3, 4, two 5s, two 6s, and a 7. All near the top of those rounds. Alright, I’m comfortable sitting at 7.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote