View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #200
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

These awards will be for the course of the dynasty, and not just for this season:

Offensive Player of the Dynasty: RB Tyrus Torres. He regularly had 20+ touchdowns offensively during his height, had 1200-1600 rushing yards for years, and was a weapon that brought us a balanced rushing attack. He was a good pick for us, although I saw OJ the other day developed into a bigger and better back. Still, he wa a good pick for us, and I am glad we took him. Tyrus Torres!

Defensive Player of the Dynasty: CB Robbie Ramon. This guy got picks and more picks, and each year you thought he was going to stop getting the picks, only to get more and more picks. Until this year, he as an interception machine. He had a pick rating in the 50’s and 60’s, and poor coverage stats, but he got the pick. Let’s hear it for Ramon!

Special Teams Player of the Dynasty: P Tracy Gomez. He was always in the top five overall punting average except for one year. Even at the end of the dynasty, he was third. Today, when everybody has devolved into the 50s, he still has a rating in the 80s. Gomez was a great player, and a vital weapon in our dynasty.

Heart Player of the Dynasty: SS Walt Robinson. If Ramon hadn’t been so dominating, he would have gotten this award instead of DPotD. This little backup SS selected fin the 7th round late as a backup to previously selected safeties distinguished himself on the pitch. While fellow starting safety Lee Kinney had the skills, Robinson had the heart and the stats. We was rarely the tackle leader, but he was one of the top five. He was rarely the pick leader, but he was usually top 5. He finished our dynasty second on the team with tackles and second with picks. This 7th round wonder gave us heart on the pitch, and we give him the award for the Dynasty.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote