View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 11:16 PM   #11
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The beginning of the 2nd half is Ugly with a capital Ugh. We turn the ball over 5 times in the first four minutes. Our only saving grace is that not only has Miami been turning the ball over, they couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat at this point, and we stretch the lead to 8, 47-39.

The game continues to be sloppy, but we get a couple fast break turnover dunks and stretch the lead out further, 62-50 with 9:00 to play, but it's all subs in to give the tired starters a rest.. we need to start watching the clock here.

Barrett seems to want the ball every possession, and we give it to him, he's 11-17 (22 points) for the game, and with 4:30 to play, we can start to smell the upset, as we lead 70-54!

There's pandamonium on the sidelines, as the last minutes tick off, and when that final buzzer sounds, I quickly make my way over and shake the hand of the bewildered Miami coach, and follow my boys, who are whoopin and hollerin up a storm back to the lockerroom, winners by a score of 79-62!..

ah.. it doesn't get any better than this...

Key Stat: They went 3-12 from 3 pt range int he 2nd half and committed 23 turnovers. North Florida outscored them in the paint 38-28.

Player of the game: Charlie Barrett: 27 points (13-22 shooting), 7 Boards, 2 assists, 1 Steal.

Come on you ospreys!
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote