View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 03:28 PM   #18
yeah826
High School JV

Developers Journal 2: Goal #2
Hello everyone,

I'm gonna work on speed things along and allow you guys to follow my process when it comes to the development of the game. So I've been coming up with what I should focus on next and I came out with a pretty short but sweet list on what to focus on.

• Sim engine related improvements (Improve fastbreak code, more realistic stats like get steals and offensive rebounds down).
  • Implement calendar system that will work with basketball schedule generated and training system which will be part of the next goal.
  • Tactics (Basic version)
  • UI Improvement I would very much like to improve my UI if I could post pictures I would ask for some input but my initial thinking is I should aim for how sites like ESPN looks.
With these goals in mind the first thing that I am going to look at is improving the fast break code. As of right now, I've coded the engine so that it actually works in a 2D/3D space. The problem is when taking account for the players acceleration and speed attributes and their initial starting points. I'm just having difficulties figuring out where the players should go. (In a sense peering into the future). Right now I'm trying to keep this process short and simple without it being buggy and cause the simulation to take too long to run. (Each games takes about 3 seconds to run)

I remember when I played basketball in high school we ran drills like the 2 on 1, 3 on 2, etc so I am focusing on finding the right balance where things don't get out of hand.
yeah826 is offline   Reply With Quote