Thread: Hattrick
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 12:28 PM   #137
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

We advanced to the 3rd round of the cup, which is a new record for the Arkansas Cobras. With my old team, Golden Eagles FC, I got to the 6th round of the cup. I had to look that up. That was a pretty amazing run that ended with 4-3 heart breaking loss.

Next week, we play a team from IV. They don't look totally unbeatable, but it would be a cupset if we managed to squeak past them. They have a weaker defense, which we may be able to exploit if we play our best strikers. The thing is I am not sure if it is worth it to keep pushing on in the Cup. The extra money from matches is nice, but an extra $150k or so is not going to make a huge difference.

On the league front, we are in a pretty tough series. We played the other team that promoted last week on the road and lost 1-0. I played two of my non-starters in the game. There is only one team that I think is a win, so it is going to be tough to stay up, which is my goal this year.

We still have some positions that need investing. The priority for that is a couple of stud wingers, another anchor or two in the backline, and a world class to super-natural inner mid. That is going to to cost some money though, which we really don't have.

Our three strikers will soon be world class/passable. We could sell them for about $3M each or wait a year and sell them for $4M at supernatural/passable. All of them just popped in passing, so another round of passing training won't do much for these guys.

So I guess I am trying to decide if I want to sell them now for $9M, invest in the squad in the midfield and defense but lose some attacking, or wait another year, make $12M and risk relegation.