View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 10:41 AM   #42
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

I wasn't sure when to hop in. But I think you've got it right. We can walk through some guys once they're "fully revealed". I came out of this one thinking we got four 70+ guys... the monster G at the top, the two 2nd round LBs (with Riley moving to DE and Small an anchor MLB), and the C we got in the 3rd. The rest of the class felt like a solid mix of guys in the 50s or close enough at spots where they'd be helpful.

There's some reality in here too. The clock held for awhile ahead of my run of picks in the 4th round and I fell asleep without really optimizing my list. We got guys I had in there as interesting. No harm no foul, but there's not much separation or ordering in the back half of the draft really.

And we made an active blunder apparently in valuing the WR as much as we did. He's an affinity fit kind of (I swear that was in the value soup), and I saw a great returner and slot receiver guy. Now it looks like the route running will be prohibitively low and we got a return guy. Not the worst thing in the world for a 3rd round pick, but there were some real players on the board in the 3rd in this draft.

Anyway, all told I feel good about any of our first three picks as first rounders for us in any draft. We'll have pulled some starters and good players from a lot of other spots as well. I end up with a lot of non-sexy positional picks and guys whose carrying tool is just the plain ol raw Grade ranking. That and ... really work well together in targeting some upside plays and limiting some downside misses. We still make a lot of logical errors in our constant pull toward winning the draft mini-game of ratings moves and missing out on actual impactful roster strategy.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote