View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 07:01 AM   #435
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

LOL, what happened to songs from the 60s? Two of those songs were from the 70s, two were best known from the 80s (one as a cover, one from a movie), and then you had House of the Rising Sun.

As a power pop fan, I gotta give props to James for picking a Badfinger/Nilsson song. Though it was recorded in the 1970s (by both).

I don't really have any thoughts on the songs last night. I'm kinda over this season at this point. The thought of any of these people being handed the chance to be a pop star is kinda ridiculous, IMO. Lauren's the only one who I could see growing into a legit country pop star. Jacob is just what we need - a gospel singer with a moral superiority complex; if you could combine James' rock attitude/sensibilities with Lambert's voice, you'd have a great rock/metal singer; Haley is destined for Playboy (or Maxxim, depending on how the career goes); and Scotty will probably end up President of the United States. If I could put my finger on what makes Scotty so popular, I'd run as far away from it as possible, because he makes me want to throw up.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote