View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 07:14 AM   #158
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I Saw The Devil. A guys kills the fiancée of an elite special agent and then the agent seeks revenge. It's a film that could be done in 30-45 minutes and it pretty much feels that way. At that point I was really wondering how the hell there was a 2:20 long movie in this. Oh, but it's a Korean psychological thriller directed by KIM Jee-woon (The Good, The Bad, The Weird and A Tale of Two Sisters). CHOI Min-sik(Oldboy) plays the killer. It's violent to the point of being uncomfortable and skips the R rating and gleefully gets an NR. Even without the ending, it was a solid building of tension and with a cop out ending still works and is way more than enjoyable. However, there is no cop out ending. The ending is beautiful in a messed up way that some Korean film makers seem to make their signature.

It was a brutal gut punch of a movie, I really enjoyed it, though it was violent, overpoweringly sad, funny in bits, horror abounds. It never dragged, it just got more twisted. Still by the end, I felt that I had watched something awesome.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote