View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #248
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I don't have a use for netflix and don't really know much about it at all, but I saw this news today and thought it was interesting timing given the several articles I've seen recently that talk about how netflix is likely going to end up out of business or bought out in the next couple of years given that all of their movie contracts are running out, and since they signed them, streaming has become such a huge thing that they're going to end up paying tenfold for the rights to what they had bought cheap 10 years ago. And that basically, they were either going to go under because of that expense (or have to start charging a premium for their service...), or the bigger players who want in on this are going to outbid them for those rights and put them out of business. I think they have 1 contract coming up for renegotiation now, and that's going to be the precursor to the huge expense increase they are going to see as each contract expires.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote