View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 11:48 PM   #10
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, another one of the OPT is how awesome Dogs are as people.

Now, before you give me that "WTF is Foz talking about" look, let me explain.

I live literally right next door to a bar (literally. My window looks into their bar). This bar puts on concerts every weekend. Most times, I'm able to ignore them and have my headphones on (As a side effect from the depression/anxiety, I find that I have to be in complete control of my environment. Even if I'm not listening to music at the computer, I have my headphones on, for example.)

So, I really wasn't feeling well, and was trying to sleep, but the concert on the otherside of my window kept me from relaxing and falling asleep. Even after it ended at 1 AM, I still couldn't get to sleep

(I find once that I'm TRYING to force myself to sleep, it's not going to happen).

So, I alternate between laying in bed, trying to sleep, and sitting at the computer going "I NEED TO SLEEP."

But my brother, who was actually overseas for work had the best idea on how to relax.

"Why don't you drive over to the house and see the dogs?"

So, at 3:30 in the morning, I drove over to my brother's house (about a 20 minute drive).

Afterwards, this is what I wrote:

Today's OPT is simple.

Dogs.

They don't mind if you're grumpy because the bar next door put on a concert so loud that half the building was complaining about them until 12:30 am. They don't know that you've been tossing and turning for hours afterwards trying to fall asleep.

They don't mind being woken up at 4 am when their big human that doesn't visit as much anymore shows up, hoping and praying that a change of scenery will help you relax.

They're just happy to see me anyway.

They're good dogs

I didn't get to sleep there (they both wanted attention and playtime), but it allowed me to dump stress and feel more... human I guess.