View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #238
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The Titans will give us everything we want and more this Saturday. They beat the lowly Seahawks, 50-0. That said, they're really not all that complicated. To be honest, I thought they used more plays in their game than we did, and I think that's a mistake.

They line up offensively with a Power I look, but it's a little different than the look I'm used to. I'm used to a Stacked I look with the middle back offset left or right. They use essentially two fullbacks beside each other.

Defensively, they're more of a 4-4 that reads the play. Their outside backers don't come up field hard. The inside guys look like they're just reading the play and going. Their front four is big, so are their inside backers. They'll be tough to beat off the ball, that's for sure.

A few things we're going to do offensively. We may start out with a Polecat play. Even then, it'll have a wrinkle. I can give instruction until the cadence begins. I'll have the boys run up to the line, tell Carlos (who will be quarterback for the play) A (run with it) or B (pass it to Nathaniel behind the line of blockers). He'll say ready, we snap it and go.

We'll also line up with our bag of tricks this week and with a trips look at times to spread the defense out when we wedge. They'll already be spread out. This will be designed to spread them out more.

Monty 24 Power, where our fullback is inbetween the guard and tackle, may work well.

Defensively, the corners will be back as linebackers again in an attempt to provide bodies to one side of the field or the other.

These guys are tough, but have played just one team that has a win all year. Their opponent's records at this time are 2-17.

I think we can take them, but it will take a great effort.