Thread: Recycling
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 07:31 AM   #5
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

On top of things mentioned here, even if we are recycling the right things, our recycling process here is (pardon the pun) garbage.

Due to some sort of changes in China a couple of years ago, recycling in central KY was stopped. Completely. Everything went in the garbage. At some point last year, it came back but on a limited basis. Now, they only pick up once every two weeks and everything has to go into the container they provide. Two weeks worth of cans, cereal boxes, etc., sometimes doesn't fit so we have to either throw it out or keep it in another container to start the next 2 week period with.

The biggest issue, though, is that they have become militant about refusing to take anything not in the bin. With as much online shopping as everyone does - not to mention the usual bulk items people buy - it's impossible to fit those types of cardboard boxes in the bin. Even if they picked up every day, some of those boxes can't be broken down enough to cram into the bin.

I bought a new grill last week and broke the boxes down as best I could, tied them up, and put them next to the bin in a nice, neat package. Nope. My wife decided to ride around the entire neighborhood, and not a single box was taken, even small stuff that just couldn't fit in the bin and was left to the side. That's effing ridiculous. We're trying to do our part to recycle, and the recycling company is basically telling us to throw it all away.

I'm not really sure what the answer is, but the current situation sucks.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote