View Single Post
Old 03-02-2023, 02:07 AM   #411
Edward64
Head Coach

Okay TSA, I know I beat up on the 50% of TSA client facing for being jerks. But good job here.

Quote:
During routine screening by Transportation Security Administration agents, Muffley's bag set off an alarm indicating it contained suspicious items, according to a criminal complaint.
WTF fireworks hidden in lining? Was it carry on or check in luggage? I'm thinking check in because if found in carry on (as you go through security), he wouldn't need paging?

Quote:
TSA personnel found a "circular compound, approximately three inches in diameter, wrapped in a wax-like paper and clear plastic wrap hidden in the lining of the baggage," the complaint said.
:
The FBI was then contacted and an explosives expert found that the cylinder was filled with flash powder and a type of powder "consistent with a commercial grade firework." The device also appeared to have had a "hobby fuse" — a type of fuse that burns slower than a "quick fuse" — added on, the complaint alleges.
Yeah, I'd remember what I'd put in my bag if security was paging me.

Quote:
Muffley was booked to fly to Orlando, but never boarded the flight, the complaint said. Security footage showed him leaving the airport shortly after he was paged on the airport's public address system, according to the complaint.

More to come out I'm sure. But I'm guessing some idiot who packed some fireworks in his bag thinking no big deal, and then left scared after he was paged by airport security.

Last edited by Edward64 : 03-02-2023 at 02:08 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote