View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 09:15 AM   #428
Edward64
Head Coach

Changed thread title to include "Travel experiences".

Just wanted to comment on below. I do tip housekeepers consistently and doormen/concierge (inconsistently, when they hail me a cab or hold my luggage till the end of the day). I've seen housekeepers work as I pass by in the hallways and I can only imagine the crap they have to take care of.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/01/how-...at-hotels.html
Quote:
When you stay at a hotel, do you tip?

Most people think you should. In a recent survey from hotel software firm Canary Technologies, 79% of hotel guests said they think workers should get tips. But hotel workers in the survey said only about 30% of guests typically tip.
When I was travelling a lot, I'd generally leave $10 for the 3 nights, 4 days. I also leave any spare change as I hate carrying them. However, I did wait till the checkout day which below says not to do.

Quote:
Housekeepers: Plan on tipping $3 to $5 per day, or, if you have a bigger crew, $1 per person. But don’t tally it up and leave a big tip at the end, says Gottsman. “Housekeepers change shifts daily. The person you get today might not be the person you get tomorrow. Leave tips daily.”

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-02-2023 at 09:16 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote