View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 09:50 PM   #122
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Thanks guys - I realize at this point people on this board have relatively nothing to say in response to my posts, but every little bit helps.

We're meeting tomorrow with his therapist's supervisor - apparently our therapist was on vacation again. I don't fault her for taking a break, but her voicemail should reflect the current situation (as well as a "contact in case of emergency" contingency).

We are, understandable, at our wits end. We think the diagnosis is Asperbergers, which is what our therapist believes. However, it is ultimately the psychiatrist's diagnosis to make, and we see him (again) on Thursday. We just need/want someone to help us...it's so easy to say "it takes a village" but ultimately you are on your own.

btw - his "assault" today was him (as usual) taking a role playing game to the extreme. He just HAS to get to the point where he can control his impulses and have the ability to take a step back and say, "I'm about to go too far." He just doesn't get it, even after 6 1/2 years.

Anyone else have a child that has been suspended from kindergarden AND 1st grade (tongue firmly...but sadly, in cheek)?

All I can say is that I've worked with kids who have autism and aspergers, and my heart always goes out to the parents of these children as I realize there is only so much that I can do to help them and that is very hard for these parents who clearly have significantly more challenges than parents of "normal" children. Your family will continue to be in my prayers.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote