View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #159
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A first half in which we played relatively uninspired basketball but were good enough to keep the lead. 36-35 at the half, we lead.

Hodari Chatman leads the team with 11 points as is doing it on the break and has also hit a 3 and a few mid range jumpers. Andres has 10 and Solomon has 5.

A very sloppy second half as we turn it over too many times on bad passes and steals gives them a 8 point lead that we never eliminate and they hold on down the stretch.

86-77 disappointing loss at home.

Hunt, their SF had 30 points as I just couldn't shut him down even with Andres going to tight coverage on him.

Andres lead our team with 21 points on 8 of 18 shooting including 3 of 7 behind the arc.

Hodari had 19 points on 7 of 13 shooting, 3 of 5, an 2 of 4. Solomon had 11 points and 2 assists. Santos had 14 points, 6 boards, and 4 assists. All of the big 4 scored well, but we played poor defense. I'm going to get my guys to concentrate on defense more. Andres is rated very good on defense and he should be doing better at that part of his game.

That loss drops us to 5-2.

However, it doesn't stop us Everett or Donte from officially signing their LOI with Niagara and becoming Purple Dragons!!!

Here is the official report on both players as of this point:

Everett Huffman is a 5'8 175 pound enior from Niagara Falls NY. He is ranked 213 overall and 79th among PG's. He is a 3 star player. He is rated A- in shooting, A- in athleticism, B+ in skills, B in IQ, B in Def, B in potential, C in rebounding, and a D for size by our staff. If they are correct, he should be a huge contributor for us. Our scouts believe his speciality is shooting off the dribble. If the tape/staff is correct, he'll be our starting PG next year.

Donte Snow is a 6'4 217 pound SR from Toronto Canada who was being pursued by Michigan. He was a 4 star player who dropped to a 3 star player this year. Still, he is ranked 189th overall and 42 among SG's. He has an A for shooting, a B+ for defense, B+ for athleticism, B+ for potential, B for skill, B- for size, B- for IQ, and a C+ for rebounding. His speciality is posting up where he is very good offensively as well as shooting the 3 where he is the best HS player I've ever managed to land. He is also is a good shot blocker for a SG. If the tape is right, he will add immediate depth to our bench next year and be a key contributor every night and get 20-30 minutes.

The last recruit I'm pursuing who I'm hoping to wrap up in this early signing period is a 6'8 220 pound JC C who is a 3 star unranked player. He is a good passing big man who does everything ok and is a good shot blocker for his size. We need interior toughness and I think Jerel Bogans from Erie,
PA can add it. We are his leading school, and I think we have a good chance of wrapping him up this week which would be the last of our scholarships.

Nov 29 -

We play 66 rated Brown and beat them 76-50. Pait led the team with 26 points on 10 of 11 shooting and 5 of 10 from the FT. Hodari had 13 points, 9 boards, and 5 assists. Solomon had 8 points and 9 assists. Andres only had 5 points and 5 boards.

We are now 6-2 and our next game is at Saint Peter's. They are rated 76 overall and should be an even matchup. I'll play that later today or tomorrow.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-16-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote