View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 12:23 AM   #161
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure if without their star they just lacked good shooters or our defense was just outstanding, but either way we held them to 26% shooting in the 1st half and built a 33-19 lead.

Santos leads our team at the half with 14 points as he is playing well both defensively and offensively. Andres is focusing on defense, but still has 5 points. Hodari has 9 points.

With 6 minutes to go, we maintain our lead 53-39.

With 3 minutes to go, they cut it to a 53-46 lead, so we get our rested starters back into the game.

They come in and put it away with a 11-0 run. When our starters were in this game, our defense was stifling.

64-46 win.

I think Santos played better defensively because we got him involed offensively early and he won player of the game. Santos finished with 22 points, 6 boards, 1 assist, 1 block, and a steal. He had 2 nice slam dunks on fast breaks. He shot 10 of 12, 0 of 1, and 2 of 3.

Hodari had 17 points, 5 boards, and 3 assists. He shot 7 of 11.

Andres shot 5 of 11 and had 11 points, 5 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block as well as playing great defense. Winkfield, their best shooter and Andres main assignment went 1 of 15 from the field and 0 of 6 from the arc!

Hodari who is a good defender did well as his man went 3 of 14 from the field.

Solomon had a poor game as he was 1 of 8 from the field. He had 3 points and an assist. Pait had 9 boards, 3 assists, and a block. Owensworth led us off the bench with 5 points and 7 boards.

That win raises our record to 7-2.

The early signing period ends and while Jerel Bogans is 99% committed to us we don't get him to sign early. Well hope that no one steals him later in the year. Right now, we are firmly at the top of his list. Other schools that are recruiting him include Marshall, Duquenne, and Wright State among 4 others.

Dec 16 -

We play our 2nd to last Non-Conference game against a slightly better foe, Charlotte. They are 5-3 and rated 79 in team talent. We lose at home 79-71. Also, Moran, a backup PG, is hurt for 2-3 weeks with a sore shoulder. Andres led the team with 12 points, 6 boards, 2 steals. He shot 3 of 15. Hodari had 10 points, 7 boards, and 6 assists. He shot 4 of 7.

Our last non-conference game is against my old team, Nicholls State because I wanted to see how they were doing. They are currently 3-8 and their overall talent rating is 66. Their shooting is very poor and they are only shooting 35% as a team. Bose is leading them with 11.5 ppg and Lloyd is 2nd with 11 ppg but he is injured and is questionable for this game.

I'll play it out tomorrow.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote