View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #479
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A look at early recruiting needs:

We have 6 guys graduating and this class will be huge to determine what kind of weapons we can get around Israel. We have our best 3 players leaving in Gus Waters, Hannan, and Cornette. We also have a starter in Clifford leaving and a very important bench player in Bowers. Finally, Ziri will be gone. With all of those players going, we'll have no one that I can count on at PF or C next year. We'll also be potentially thin at SF, so those will be the top 3 priorities with SG being a close 4th. I think Bitee will be a fine backup to Simmons next year, so we won't focus too much on PG.

The two recruits that are the most interested in me are both potential key guys for us:

3 star PF Elliah Halsch is from Akron, OH. He is 6'7 241 and is rated 186th overall. We'll be fighting Duq, Canisus, and Kent for him. We've already had extensive contact with him and he'll visit us ASAP.

3 star SF Daon Wentt is a 6'4 215 pound player from Toronto who is very interested in us. Supposed to be a smooth shooter. Penn State and SBU are our big competition for him.

All of the big centers with any talent at all have a ton of teams interested in them. So, I'm going after Andy Matera. He is a 6'8 240 pound center from Burlington, VT. He is ranked 329th overall. UConn is interested early, and if they stay interested, we have no chance.

Jack Zamore is a 6'8 215 pound center who can reportedly really shoot the 3. We'll go after him as a backup plan and go back to more of how we used to play when we didn't have a true center.

Karron Acker is a 4 star SF from New Haven, CT, who I'd love to have. However, i think he is a pipe dream even though he is rated a bit lower than our recent signing. He is rated 66th, but is a Mr. Basketball for his state and has drawn a lot of attention from UVA and BC.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote