View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #488
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Clifford scores our first basket on a simple post move. Cornette with a spin move away from his man for a dunk our next possession.

Gill with our next 6 points, first on a 3 off a Simmons assist, and then a dunk plus the foul off a turnover generated by our full court trap. Our full court trap leads to 2 other easy baskets in the next 3 minutes and we are suddenly up by 10! The home crowd is going wild.

With 12 minutes to go in the half, we have them in the penalty.

Not sure how it happened, but we are up by 17 with 10 minutes to go as I rest my starters. 32-15.

With 3 minutes left, I'm up 47-26 and wondering if it is finally time to up the difficulty level (I believe I was considering going up a level when I last played this dynasty before the long break.) I think I read that the slider set this is based off will work well with the next difficulty level as well. Anyway, I bring back in my starters to finish off the half.

At the half, we are up 53-31. We have balanced scoring with Hannan leading the way with 11, Cornette with 10, and Clifford with 8. Simmons has 6 points and 2 assists as he actually has a very fast physical point guard on him.

I normally hate switching difficulty or sliders mid season much less mid game, but I just don't think I should be dominating this UCLA team like this even though they are starting 4 freshman. I've always believed All-Conference gives the best fair style of play, so I'm going to stick with that, but I'm going to give the CPU a slight boost in shooting while decreasing 3 point shooting slightly for the human.

To start the 2nd half, Simmons comes off a screen.. drives into the lane and is fouled for 2 FT's. Next possession he drives into the lane, hits a tear drop shot and gets fouled. He converts the 3 point play. With his high shoot in traffic ability, the kid is just a great scorer.

Up 66-48 with 10:30 to go as my starters get a few minutes to rest.

My 2nd team responds in a big way, thanks in large part to Bowers who shot several 3's over the smaller defender. We are up 76-52 (the bench played great defense too led by Waters) with 4:40 to go.

We win the game 82-65. My team might just be more perfectly constructed than I ever imagined. Everyone is filling a role well. Cornette is a 94 rated inside player and is becoming more of a scoring option with that ability. Clifford is a solid defender/rebounder/blocker. Hannan and Simmons can do it all. Gills is an athletic defender who can shoot a bit. Waters is instant offense and a 93 rated perimeter defender. Bowers is a great 3 point shooter off the bench.

In any case, I'll just keep enjoying the success

Hannan was the player of the game, although that award could have gone to a few different guys. Hannan had 16 points, 4 assists, 3 steals, 2 boards, and 2 turnovers. He shot 5 of 7, 1 of 3, and 5 of 5.

Simmons had 13 points, 4 assists, 1 steal, and 5 turnovers. He shot 3 of 8, 0 of 0, and 7 of 9.

Gill had 12 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 3 of 5, 1 of 2, and 5 of 8.

Cornette with 14 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.

Cliford with 10 points, 8 boards, and a block.

Waters with 6 points and 3 assists.

Bowers with 13 points off the bench including 3 of 3 from the arc.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote