Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 10:47 AM   #279
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go again!

This fight is scheduled for eight rounds.

Omar Acevedo 7-1-0(2) v. Urbano Milanes 15-15-0(15)

Round one started off with a very sharp looking Milanes landing a number of combinations that had Omar moving back and trying to hold on through the first minute. The rate that he was landing punches the fight would never have made it through the first round. Omar stuck to his guns and tried to get back in to it, but he was just hit way to much. Milanes looks better than I thought that he would. I hope Omar can get his gameplan going.

Round two wasn’t any better. Omar, still trying to outbox Milanes is getting peppered with four and five punch combinations. He cannot seem to get out of the way fast enough. He only landed a handful of punches and didn’t do nearly enough to win this round.

Omar came out for round three looking to go on the offensive. He did well landing punches with equal fervor as Milanes. Milanes managed a couple of combinations and then slipped in an uppercut while Omar was coming forward. It caught Omar square on the chin, and I knew he was in trouble. Down he went. He struggled to get up by the nine count, the ref finished counting and looked at him. Omar was in a bad way and he didn’t like it. So ends the winning streak of Omar Acevedo.

I should have known better. Milanes was a fighter on the way down, but still packed way too much punch for Omar. Now he will need to regain some more momentum to get going again.

Overall I just about broke even on bets. I should have told Omar to be more patient and let his gameplan unfold. Milanes was a formidable opponent, and I underestimated him. Well, I may be able to resign Omar for a little bit longer, as his value should have come down a little from it’s high point.

Damien Essett kept his streak going with an 11th round TKO over Shaun Kilburn. The man is a machine. That is all I need to say.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote