Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 06:05 AM   #282
PilotMan
Head Coach

Melvin has been scheduled to fight in two months. He is in pretty good shape, but needs some more wins in order to get back to a possible title fight. In the past I had tried to get a fight with Benny Leonard, and it looked like that may happen again. Leonard has won his last two fights and is now ranked #7, one below Melvin. However, I am just not sure that he should go after him now.

Looking at some lower ranked fighters I see Fidel Garcia. Garcia is ranked #17, but his abilities are closer to Melvin’s. The thing that I really like is that his chin is in question. He was TKOed in his last fight and has only fought two times in over two years. This will be a challenge for him. I really hope that Melvin feels up to the task. His record is 33-1-0(21). Pretty darn good.

Lee’s last fight was so quick that he is still in good fighting form. I strike out in search of an opponent. I am looking for someone that is closer to his equal in the ring and someone who will payout nicely if Lee should snag a win. I find Roman Stokes. Stokes is 5-4-2(0), he is ranked a little lower than Lee at #101. He has good power, accuracy and defense. Three things that would normally make me back away from a fight, however, his chin is a big weak spot. The way that Lee has been hitting I am curious to see if he can keep it up. Stokes hasn’t won in his last 3 fights, but that doesn’t mean that he isn’t going to be the favorite.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote