View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 02:18 PM   #160
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
"Oooooh, I am a hopping MAD! I am so mad at all you, making a mess of my plans! All these years! So close to, to discov'rin' the source, to being rich! But you /ALL/ had t'come! Everyone of you should leave NOW! All of you! GET! It's MINE! Should be...I a earned it. Using maps, digging in the sun, rolling big rocks, understandin' the locals. EVERYONE, GO! Leave me the treasures, hunting in peace without you yutes underminin' whot's rightfully MINE! Ole Qwikshot 'noes! I AIN'T CRAZY! I can TASTE it! I can feel it! EVERYONE GETS! I'll fix you youn'ins. REAL real real real....(pauses) real Goooood (swigs whiskey and turns out)."

Well there old man, you sound like you know what you're doing. I won't be going out of my way to make a fool of myself, but I am new 'round these here parts, and any advice would be appreciated. Seems as if digging with my hands is my only option until I rustle up some gold and go talk to the shopkeeper about a shovel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Sounds like the benefit to creating a smaller monopoly is the chance to root out a pirate if you are denied. But the downside is much greater, you will have less money in your pool, making it more difficult to win. Basically someone else trying to create a monopoly or pirates have a greater chance (than against a large monopoly) to achieve the gold standard of winning. Then, as Barkeep said, it takes a lot to create a monopoly, making less of a strategy to create at this point in the game.

Also, what exactly does the monopoly do? I would guess from what I have read, it means your group pools their money to win. From the rules, once monopoly is achieved, the Treasure Hunters (“TH”) who participated WIN. It is the only way for us TH to win. You can’t win individually and you can’t win if you are not in the Monopoly. Since achieving Monopoly makes you win, then there can only be one. I would think our best bet is to try and achieve monopoly with all TH. Otherwise it gives a TH reason to sabotage the monopoly or elitists from the perspective of those excluded.

It may be a pirate strategy to try and stay in our monopoly to block us from winning.

I'd assume that if we 'jail' all the pirates, we also win. That's usually a good way to win in a werewolf game.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote