View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #11
Icy
Pro Starter

Ok, i'll write now my plans:

Starting point:

I'm 31 years old, 5'11" and 215 pounds. I'm a big man, with muscled shoulders, arms and chest thanks to lots of heavy lifting years ago, but covered with fat after years of just working with a computer and doing zero exercise.

Past year i started this same plan, i wanted to lose that weight before my baby was born. Went ot the gym, ran twice per week and eat less, lowering my carbs and raising the proteins. I managed to lose 15 pounds, but after my baby died i lost all my motivation, left the gym, stopped to run and started to eat as before, because that i gained that 15 pounds again. I'm motivated now and want to start again.

The goal:

My goal is to reach a weight of 180 pounds (loosing 35) and also recover the muscled body and form i had on my twenties. I had a nice body and could run for 90 minutes at low pace without it being a really big effort. In the past, it was also so easy to gain muscle for me, but fighting to keep the fat levels low. I'm not a guy who eats shit between the meals, i don't eat chocolate, sweets or unhealthy stuff but when i sit to eat... i have no finish. I expend also around 12 hours sitting in front of a computer and it doesn't help a lot.

The workouts:

I have started today in the gym again. Started running 1.5 Miles in the running machine, it took me around 15 minutes. I was sweating a lot but not so tired, the breathing was not exagerated. It looks that after not running in 5 months (i did from time to time, but without any consistency), i still keep part of the form.

After that, i started weight lifting. I tried to do it with low weigh as i know that you can be really sore after a heavy training session when you are not used, but probably i used too much and i can feel how sore will be tomorrow. It's hard to use low weight when you have trained in the past and you could use way more, my brain wanted to challenge me all the time, telling me i could use more weight. I did one exercise, for each part of the upper body (not legs as i ran before). I used basic exercises and will keep doing it for a month until i recover part of the form ang stop to feel sore.

Here is the table i have set myself for the first month, will do it 3 days per week:

Warming up and aerobics:
2 miles running in the running machine (16 minutes or so).

Chest:
Bench press 4x10

Back:
Front Lat Pulldown in machine 4x10

Shoulders:
Military press 2x10
Lateral Raise 2x10

Arms:
Barbell Curl 3x10
Triceps Pushdown in machine 3x10

Abs:
Ab Crunch Machine 3x20
Barbell Side Bend 1x50
Crunches 3x20

Once i get the shape again, i'll split the body parts.

I'll go the gym 3 days per week and will go out for running 2 days per week, resting the other 2 days of the week. The outside running routine will start with 3 miles per session, slow, like at 10 minutes per mile, if needed will walk part of those 3 miles. As i said before, it will be twice per week.

The diet:

During this first month i'm not going to cut carbs a lot as i want to get in shape and my muscles need to recover from the effort. I'll just start to lower the amount of food i put on my plate and for dinner i'll eat a salad with vegetables, eggs and tuna the days i don't workout at the gym and a protein shake plus the salad the days i workout. The only suplement i'll use is the proteins shake with 95% protein (no carbs) as a good way to raise my protein levels, needed to grow muscle but without adding a lot of calories.

Last edited by Icy : 09-16-2006 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Edited as i was confused with the miles, pounds, etc, fixed now.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote