View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 03:14 AM   #165
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

May 12, 2012
Luton wins the FA Trophy, 1-0, over Gateshead. A header in the 91st minute was the game winner.

May 13, 2012 (afternoon)
-- 3rd place Histon has beaten 5th place Droylsden 3-1 in the BSBN Playoff Final and earns promotion.
-- 4th place Salisbury has beaten 3rd place Chelmsford 3-0 in the BSBS Playoff Final and joins regular season champion Welling in earning promotion.

May 14, 2012
-- Histon's Daniel Sparkes has been named the BSBN Player of the Year

-- The BSBN Manager of the Season shortlist has been announced. I'm among the frontrunners, along with Histon's David Livermore. Since you can't vote for yourself, I cast my vote for Carl MacAuley of Vauxhall, who exceeded expectations considerably. Livermore probably deserves it but I'm not inclined to vote for the guy who'll probably beat me for the award.

-- Tottenham's Luke Modric has won the English Player's Player of the Year award. Man City's Danny was 2nd, Gareth Bale of Tottenham 3rd.
-- Stoke City's Peter Crouch won the Premier Division Top Goalscorer award with 24.
-- Everton's Marouane Fellaini won the English Player's Young Player of the Year award
-- Chelsea's Petr Cech won the Golden Glove award
-- Wolves Terry Connor wins the Premier Division Manager of the Year award.

-- And after months of speculation, Arsene Wenger has been fired by Arsenal president Peter Hill-Wood, feeling a change was needed and that Wenger had become stale in his post. The club finished 11th in the English Premier Divsion this season, their first finish outside the top four since 1995-96, their first outside the top five since 1994-95.

Squad bonuses of $8.5k have been paid out to be shared among the squad on a pro-rata basis after winning the BSBN.