Thread: Board Games
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #532
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Second, on my trip to England, can anyone recommend a good travel, solitaire game to play? Anything with strategy. Dug out my old Statis Pro Basketball game and want something else. Figured I'd go this route rather than spend $300+ on a Vita and games.

Friday can be had for cheap, $19.99 Amazon Prime. It's a deck builder that you have to not only build your deck, but eliminate the bad cards at a cost as well. I caved in getting it based on numerous people talking about it on BGG.

Friday | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Played my second game of Summoner Wars. I'm all in in terms of fanboyism. I wasn't excited about how I thought the ice race played so I played it against the desert race and it was the complete opposite of the first game. It was slow, tactical, and both sides ran out of draw cards and were left with what they had on the board and in their hands. I looked at the board and saw the desert race had twice as many guys, and yet I swore the ice race was going to win. Not only did they, it was a virtual slaughter. All of the little tiny aspects of ice that don't come off as big played a part in the deck winning in the end.