View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 01:03 AM   #145
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In order to keep my folks ready, I will be resting some players in the match against Atletico CP. So for today’s match, I put in GK Ricardo Baptista, DC Hernani Costa, ST Cenk Tosun, Adriano, Nuno Campos for Joao Aurelio, Sequeira for Luis Martins, Carlos Mariano, Javi Espinosa for Defederico, and Rodrigues for Marc. That leaves just Freire and Daniel Candeais as my normal starters. I go in countering. Keep the run going! I begin with some pressure, and I make a few changes as the pressure moves o them. Like tighter marking and play out of defense. And standard. We’ve had a lot of shots on target that’d been blocked or stymied, and its ultimately Daniel Candeais, obviously, who brings us home in the 30th. Mariano fed him. Javi gets the ball and rushes it in for a score off a header by Cenk Tosun. Half time. Keep it up! Daniel is again injured in the game and I pull him for Edgar Abreu. I swap him and Javi on the pitch. Espinosa sinks a deadly looking DFK for a score in the 53rd. He almost duplicates it four minutes later. Sub 2 – Marc in for Rodrigues. Back to defensive. Game over, we win 3-0. Good win! MOM is Javi. Cenk had a pair of assists.

This could have been Adriano’s shining hour. Come on in, slam home some goals against a chump team, and re-establish yourself. And you sucked again! I think it’s time to move on, and see if Cenk is the next guy. If not, I need to find that guy.

Maritimo took out Benfica in the Taca. We are in the semis.

Carlos Mariano has announced he will retire at the end of the season.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote