View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 09:52 AM   #14
Portiere
Mascot

2023-2025: Becoming Dominent in Ireland

2023 starts with a bang, a win in the president’s cup and a big move to the top in the league. Then, as Champions League qualifiers start, a big dip in the league as we prioritize qualification, and then after a lead, blowing our games in hand to require a win on the last day of the season, which we obtain, defeating St. Pat’s Athletic to see off Shamrock Rovers to retain the league.We play mostly reserves in the cups, and it shows, as we win none, including losing in the 2nd round of the Challenge Cup (albit to Shamrock Rovers).
In the Champion’s League qualies, we destroy FK Zeta from North Macadonia before winning a tough tie against PAOK Athens on agregate and then seeing off MFK Ruzomberok (though we almost blow this in the last 10 minutes). So we are again into the qualifying rounds, this time again Football Club København. But they hammer us 3-0 away, and a draw at home puts us out, but into the group stages of the Euro/Europa Cup.
We get Arsenal, Basel, and Malmo, and though Arsenal destroy us, we defeat Malmo home and away and draw Basel at home for a credible 3rd position. Not a bad foray.

2024 will transform the club.
We run the league, winning by 8 points but this after playing reserves for the last several matches. This is the start of our total dominance of Ireland, as playing with mostly reserves, we will all three cup competitions (with a little bit of help from some of the other established clubs losing to part-timers)
In Champion’s League qualies, we get tough initial draw with Molde for Norway, probably the best time in the first round draw, but we win 6-3 on aggregate. We then get easy draws against SK Slovan Bratislava (Slovakia) and Maribor (Slovinia) setting up a qualifying showdown with Celtic. We hold them to 0-1 in front of 50,000 fans at Celtic Park, but can only manage 1-1 at home, again putting us into the Europa League.
We draw Watford, Leverkusen, and SK Rapid Wien (Vienna). In a stunning turn of events, we take Watford away, Leverkusen at home, and defeat Rapid Vienna twice to qualify for the 2nd round at Watford’s expense.
Our rise in 2024 is in a big part due to our new #9 Keith Nugent, who joins on loan from Chelsea before joining us on a free in 2025. Nugent may not quite be good enough for Chelsea, but he is a legitimate premiere league star and good enough to play for Ireland at 18 in 2024. I think I’m only able to get him because of his nationality, and this accelerates the dynasty.

In 2025 we own Ireland, winning 96 points in the league and all three cups (with our reserves). Our board stops caring about the cups, and I have stopped playing our most Irish matches, vacationing. The arrival of Nugent and then the signings I make with my $$ have given us an insurmountable advantage.
In the first half of 2025, Hoffenhiem dumps us out 2-1, reversing a 1-0 win at home.
In the 2nd half of the season after smashing FK Shakhter Karaganda (the Khazak champions) and Vålerenga Fotball from Norway, we draw Dynamo Zagreb and I think we’re going out after a 1-1 home draw. But Nugent and co come through 3-0 and we are on to the qualifying round again. We’ve now fallen 4 times in the last leg of qualifying, twice in Europa, twice in the Champions League. Facing Fussballclub Red Bull Salzburg, we win 3-1 at home but Nugent limps off injured and will miss the return. In the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half, Red Bull put 3 goals in. I’m sure we’re into the Europa league but we mount a stunning comeback, putting in a 88th minute clincher to win on 5-4 on aggregate.
We are in to the Champions League group stage and our club will never be the same. 2.3 million for winning the playoff, 8 million for qualifying, 1.75 million for a win. We draw Liverpool, AC Milan, and Spartak Moscow. We stun Milan home and away, with some huge performances from Nugent and English striker Jono O’Brian, draw Liverpool at home and easily make 2nd place in the group marking a fantastic year.

Last edited by Portiere : 04-23-2020 at 10:28 AM.
Portiere is offline   Reply With Quote